Friday, February 5, 2016

VIDEO: Vietnam Vet Sees Westboro Protester Stepping on the American Flag, Reacts Immediately

Even after the death of its reprobate patriarch, Fred Phelps, the unctuous degenerates of the Westboro Baptist Church have continued their pathetic demonstrations outside of funerals. Thankfully, there have been sane people to counter them.

One of these was Vietnam veteran Richard Pierce, who was a member of a counter-demonstration to Westboro’s picketing of Beau Biden’s funeral. When he saw a Westboro protester stomping on an American flag, he taught her a lesson she’ll never forget.

The 64-year-old former Marine was one of 300 counter-protesters at the funeral in Wilmington, Del. Even though he’s a Republican who had never voted for Biden, he was aware of the vice president’s strong bond with his veteran son and wanted to make sure nothing happened during the procession.

“It was not my intention to cause a problem,” Pierce said. “However, when I saw the young lady walking across the highway, dragging our flag under her feet, I lost my temper and the only way that I could demonstrate that is spill my coffee on them.”

Pierce threw his Dunkin’ Donuts coffee on two of the members of the church, one of whom had been trampling on the flag.
“So many people have died in defense of that flag,” Pierce said. “I don’t care who you are, you are not going to disrespect the flag. And if I have to go to jail to defend that flag, I’m going to do it. I take that very strongly.”

While Pierce was charged with disorderly conduct, he’s getting plaudits from everyone, including politicians.
“I would like to get in touch with Richard Pierce … somehow if you could give him my info I would like to buy him a gift card for maybe Dunkin Donuts for the service he gave to this country in Viet Nam and for the coffee he spilled on those protesters at the Biden funeral,” Brooklyn resident Peter Orsi wrote online.

“Your decision to peacefully stand up to protect the Biden family from the hateful words and signs that those nitwits from Westboro Church were displaying shows the class and respect that we feel should be shown when a family and state is mourning their loss,” Delaware House Speaker Pete Schwartzkopf, a Democrat, posted.

“I know the Biden family is not in a position to comment on what you did yesterday, but I would like to say thank you for standing up for all of us,” he added. “With the exception of the spilled coffee, you pulled off a victory over hate and ignorance. By the way, if that gentleman is found guilty I would like to pay his fine.” (H/T Fox Nation)

Wouldn’t we all, Mr. Schwartzkopf. I think you’re going to have to get in line.
Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter if you support this veteran standing up for the flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment