Monday, February 8, 2016

Dearborn Muslim Who Tried to Shoot Up Church, "It Is My Dream to Behead Someone"

About Daniel Greenfield  a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam.

Read More

 
Everyone has a dream. I have a dream. You have a dream. Khalil Abu-Rayyan of Dearborn had a dream... shooting up churches and beheading Americans. Now he's in trouble because our Islamophobic country frowns on his religious practices.
Khalil Abu-Rayyan, 21, of Dearborn Heights, allegedly had guns and a large knife and told an undercover FBI agent that he “tried to shoot up a church one day.”
“I bought a bunch of bullets. I practiced reloading and unloading,” he said in an online conversation, the FBI said.
Investigators did not specify which church Abu-Rayyan allegedly was eyeing, but said it has a capacity of 6,000 members, according to a criminal complaint unsealed Thursday in U.S. District Court.
The FBI had been monitoring Abu-Rayyan for months because of his “increasingly violent threats” about committing acts of terror and martyrdom against churchgoers and police officers on behalf of ISIS.
“Honestly I regret not doing it. If I can’t do jihad in the Middle East, I would do my jihad over here,” he allegedly said.
He also had armed himself with a knife and told the undercover agent, “It is my dream to behead someone,” authorities said.
If I can’t do jihad in the Middle East, I would do my jihad over here.”
But... but let's not jump to any conclusions.
Dawud Walid, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations’ Michigan chapter, is urging caution “and encouraging the broader community to also reserve judgment regarding this matter.” 
“We advise people not to jump to conclusions about what happened and wait for all of the facts to come in,” said Muzammil Ahmed, board chairman for the Michigan Muslim Community Council.

Sure. Let's roll out the excuses

1. He was a mentally unstable young man who was set up by the FBI and would never have hurt a fly on his own
2. It's blowback for our foreign policy of bombing people who rape young girls because they're non-Muslims
3. Forget the church attack, Muslims feel threatened by all the blowback from their latest attack plot
And that's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment